Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Please let this be my regular return.

So I really want to start writing again, and I know I've said it many times before. It's been part of my New Years resolution every year for the past 5 years.

But over the last few months, I've realized how much I really miss writing about everything. A lot of the times I think it's mostly because I don't know what to start writing about, and I feel that the first post should always be this inspired and beautifully written piece. However, I don't think that really happens when you haven't been writing regularly for five years. Which is really odd for me, since I've kept every type of journal out there when I was growing up.

I really blame it on television. I love TV so much.

I want to start on a new slate, given the last time I blogged was about 5 years ago. I feel that this is a different era in my life. So the old blog has been moved to http://inaskidoodledone.blogspot.com

I thought that was witty. Inaskidoodle-DONE. Because it's done. Meh? Fine.

But anyhoo, I am in the middle of a week long mountain trip that's comprised of several little trips to different places. I just came out of the Lake O'Hara area last night, and am now taking a backcountry break in Golden, BC. Which means, that I'm on a mountain high. With nobody else to rave about it to aside from Steve, who is also in his own mountain high from the same trip, so I can't really rave about it to him after the fact since he was there when I was raving about it while we were on the trail. Believe me too, I went bat shit crazy on the trail. It was just amazing. I couldn't stop saying "omaygad look here, take my picture. omaygad look over there again." I think Steve really struggled to enjoy the serenity of the area because I was constantly chattering on about how serene, beautiful and peaceful it was out there, that I was really disturbing his peace.

But I'll reserve the details of that trip for a lengthier post dedicated to that. Which is why I think this is the perfect time for me to start blogging again. Because I'm on my vacation high. And it's still overwhelming me.

So I need to write it down. Release it from my system a little bit, and maybe I'll calm down knowing that I've successfully recorded the experience somewhere else.

Just kidding, I never calm down.

1 comment: